This is the Shapeoko v3, a desktop, 3-axis CNC Machine kit that allows you to create your 2D and 3D designs out of non-ferrous metals, hardwoods, and plastics. The Shapeoko v3 is designed to be affordable enough for any shop and powerful enough to do real work. This is an entry-level CNC machine designed for hobbyists, artists, and fabricators!
The Shapeoko v3 is based on a custom aluminum extrusion that serves as both the frame and the motion system. The rest of the frame is 10 gauge steel. With better structural stability in strategic locations and a powder coat on the steel, Carbide 3D has made the finish as durable as possible!
Each Shapeoko v3 has a cutting area of 425mm x 425 mm x 75mm (16" x 16" x 3") and an overall footprint of 725mm x 600mm (28.5" x 24"). It uses a 1.25hp spindle and NEMA 23 stepper motors for motion control with an accuracy of about 0.005". The power cable included in this kit is designed for the United States National Plug Standard. If you are purchasing this kit outside the US you will need to use or buy a power cable that fits your country’s standard. Don’t forget you can put whatever you want on the adapter ring (as long as it fits), whether that’s a laser, 3D print extrusion head, or a marker. Get creative!
Note: This version of the Shapeoko v3 does NOT include a trim router, this will need to be purchased separately. The folks at Shapeoko recommend the DeWalt DWP-611 or Makita RT0701C to use with the machine.
Note: This item is non-returnable. If this item arrives damaged or is not functioning properly, please do not hesitate to contact us to see if further actions may be taken.
- 1x Carbide Motion Controller
- 1x Y-Carriage (LEFT)
- 1x Y-Carriage (RIGHT)
- 1x X and Z Assembly
- 3x 600mm Rail
- 1x Wasteboard - ¾ MDF
- 2x End Plates
- 1x Spindle Mount
- 1x Final Assembly Box
- 1x Serial Tag and Badge
- 1x Sharpie Marker
- 2x M5x55 BHC Screw
- 24x M6x12 BHC Screw
- 18x M5x20 BHC Screw
- 6x M5x10 SHC Screw
- 2x M5x16 BHC Screw
- 6x Belt Clips
- 1x Power Cord (NA)
- 1x Power Supply (24V 5A)
- 1x USB Cable
- 1x Allen Key Set
- 1x Single Use Wrench Set
- 3x 800mm GT2 Belting
- 4x Leveling Feet
- Footprint: 725mm x 600mm x 406mm (28.5" x 23.6" x 16")
- Cutting Area: 425mm x 425 mm x 75mm (16" x 16" x 3")
- Motion System: GT2 Belting, 2mm pitch with NEMA23 Motors
- Frame: Black 10ga Formed Steel Plates with Aluminum Extrusions
- Recommended Spindle: DeWalt DWP-611 or Makita RT0701C
- Weight ~55lbs.
- Firmware: GRBL
- Operating System: OS X 10.9 or higher, Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10
- Enclosed electronics, no need for a fan
- One-piece MDF table, no need for bottom straps
- 9mm Belts
- New, more rigid Z plate
- US-Made V wheels and eccentric nuts
- Partially assembled- cuts assembly time by 75%
- Homing switches included
- Carbide endmill included (¼")
- Adapter ring to fit Makita RT0701C router